Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

AMANA ASD2522WRB03 s.n S01420881; Refrigerator and freezer

AMANA ASD2522WRB03 s.n S01420881; Refrigerator and freezer not cooling. Compressor starts to run and immediately shuts off. Compressor is warm/hot to the touch. Purchased this refrigerator in April, 2010. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

Well this can only mean one of two things,

1 the relay and overload is bad, or 2 you're compressor is failing which is not all that uncommon on these, refrigerators are not made like they used to be unfortunately and we see a lot of failures, hardly any of the parts are made in America these days in the quality control is not very good for a lot of these parts, I would replace the relay first, the relay is only $18.00 at the following link, if that doesn't take care of the issue then you have a compressor issue that you would need a service call for, unfortunately they have cut down the compressor warranty from five years to one year which is bad for the consumer unfortunately, you can check your book and see with the warranty is on the compressor but I believe everybody has gone down to one year, if you're lucky it's longer, I hope this helps, thanks, Bryan