Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Why does our GE Electric Clothes Dryer squeak when running

Why does our GE Electric Clothes Dryer squeak when running with a medium size load of clothes? Dryer was installed by Sears on 6/4/2011.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

This dryer is only two months old? Normally when GE dryers squeak it's the rear bearing assembly, it's unusual however that this happens after just two months of use, this is the bearing assembly,

there is a possibility that the Bering was not greased at the factory, the Bering has a high temperature grease that is installed when the bearing is put in. The problem you have is this is still under warranty and if you attempt to repair this yourself they will void the warranty, I would call for service on Monday and make sure that you tell them what's going on, I hope this information is useful, I would not want to see you void the warranty by attempting to repair this yourself, thanks and best wishes, Bryan