Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Admiral refrigerator frost free. When plugging into wall outlet

Admiral refrigerator frost free. When plugging into wall outlet it trips the wall outlet breaker.
What can I do to trouble shoot this problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. Gets get started.

You have this refrigerator plugged into a GFI outlet ? Have you tried plugging it into another outlet that doesn't have a GFI? Is it the same GFI that trips all the time?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have plugged it into another outlet but it is also on the same trip line. Yes, I believe it is a GFI outlet.

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay normally running a refrigerator on a GFI breaker is not a good idea especially if you have a power outage or a power surge and the GFI breaker weakens and trips easy, it doesn't take much for this to happen, do you have a real heavy duty extension cord with the ground post in it? I would run this from an outlet that does not have a GFI breaker and if the refrigerator runs okay then the GFI that keeps tripping is bad, it would need to be replaced in order to run the refrigerator again on it, however do not use a thin cheap extension cord to try this and also it's not a good idea to run a refrigerator on any extension cords for very long, you lose amperage to the cord and it's not good for the refrigerator it's okay to do it for a test but I would run it like that for very long an hour or two maybe just to make sure the refrigerator is not the issue, I hope this information is useful if you have any further questions just come back and ask, thanks, Bryan