Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My Magtag Atlantis machine is leeking water and it appears

My Magtag Atlantis machine is leeking water and it appears that the drum is completely detached from the sides of the machine. It is only 10 years old. Is it worth fixing?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. Lets get started.

Can you get us the full model number?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Maytag Atlantis model MAV950IEWQ
Do you have the front panel off? The front of the washer?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No.

Okay so you are reaching in and moving the tub and that's why you say the tub seems completely loose? Which you need to do is on this diagram you could see the front panel, you need to remove this, take a putty knife and there are two clips holding that top-down, number six on the diagram, use a putty knife to push these clips in and lift the top, what you do that there will be screws on the inside you need to remove to take the front off, then you will be able to see the Springs and tub assembly, once you get this apart filling with water and tell me if the water is coming out around the shaft in the center of the tub underneath, this will determine whether this is worth repairing or not, if the water is coming out around the shaft this is a big job, there are special tools required to remove the tub seal and a lot of times you can't get the tub seal loose to get it out, we have run into this a lot and end up damaging the threads on the shaft and are not able to put it back together, let me know when you get the front panel off, thanks, Bryan