Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

We lost power for a couple of hours last night. When the power

We lost power for a couple of hours last night. When the power was restored, I turned on the dryer. It dried for about 1 minute and then it stopped amd all of the lights on the dial button flashed. I unplugged the dryer, waited a few minutes and tried again - same problem. My husband reset the breaker - same result. Any ideas??

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

Your model number is XXXXX can you get us the full model number?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Do you have a voltmeter and know how to check continuity with it? There are a few parts to check, let me know if you have or can get a voltmeter, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No I cannot do that - don't have the voltmeter...

Okay the problem is most likely the thermal fuse inside the dryer has blown, it is part number six on this diagram and is on the heater assembly in the bottom back of the dryer, you would need to remove the front panel to get to this, once the front panel is off the thermal fuse is straight in the back left side corner on the heater assembly, you can order this at the following link, there is also a video there to show you how to test it if you can get your hands on a meter or go to Lowe's and buy a cheap one for around $15.00, it shows you how to use different types of meters and how to test them, I hope this helps, thanks, Bryan