Alan
Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years in the appliance repair field.
11470909

My washer has a blinking green clean light. I have tried cutting

My washer has a blinking green clean light. I have tried cutting power and also holding the start/rusume button, but nothing works.
Hi Sir or Madam, Thanks for using Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you today.

Does the clean light flash 7 times and the pause? If so it means you have a heating circuit failure. Most of the time it is a bad heater element. Test the heating element and make sure it has continuity.The element can be purchased by clicking here.
Your kenmore dishwasher is made by whirlpool.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Alan,

I replaced the heating element today, and the light is still blinking. Is there a way to reset? Right now I am cursing myself for not calling the repair man. Please renew my faith and let this be an easy fix!

Larry

Press normal wash and heated dry one after the other about 5 times.All lights on panel will light.Wait until all lights go out and it resets itself.It will go into a mode on it's own.Then press cancel and set your options as you normally would and press start.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It worked! My faith is restored. Do I have to pay another $30 or can I hit the bonus for you.
No you don't need to make another deposit, but you can give a bonus..