AppTech35002
AppTech35002, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 years experience delivering, installing, and repairing major home appliances. Factory trained on most popular brands.
53934951

how to remove the drawer from kenmore washer pedastal

AppTech35002 :

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.com to resolve your appliance issue. I look forward to assisting you.

AppTech35002 :

I believe there is a screw on each side of the drawer behind the front panel. The screw holds the drawer to the sliding track. Remove the screw and the drawer should come off easily. You can see a picture of the pedestal here. The screw I am reffering to is item # XXXXX on the diagram.

AppTech35002 :

I hope I have been able to provide information that you have found useful. If you are satisfied with my response please click accept. Positive feedback and bonuses are always appreciated. We can continue to chat if you have any further questions about this issue, even after you have clicked accept. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.com.

Customer:

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX the front off because I thought something was under the drawer that was rubbing everytime I open and close it. There isn't anything under there(except dirt). Could it just be that what I have in the drawer is too heavy? Gallon bleach bottle, liquid soap, fabric softener, and various stain removers, etc.

I have never heard that complaint before unless there was damage to the drawer slides. Check each slide for missing ball bearings or bent pieces. There is a "drawer closure" that helps hold it closed that might feel like something is impeding the drawers movement but that is normal and you probably already know what that feels like. Having said all that, if the drawer operates normally with no weight in it, then maybe that is your problem. If you have the matching set and if you have room in the other drawer maybe you could distribute the heavier items more evenly between the two drawers. Hope that helps.
Your second accept was my fault for activating the accept button and not necessary. I will send this question to customer service to refund the second accept.