Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

how do open up a maytag neptune dryer to get to the glow c

Customer Question

how do open up a maytag neptune dryer to get to the glow coil
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. Sets get started.

This is pretty simple, you need to remove screws number 22 and number 23 on this diagram, number 23 go through the door hinges and the other ones are on the other side, once you get those removed grab part number 24 which is the front panel at the top and pull out, then you will be able to lift it off the bottom clips and put it aside, this will give you access to the inside of the machine, here is the diagram.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

the dryer isn't sending hot air how can I check to see if the glow coil is bad? can i do a

voltage test or an ohm test on the part to see if it is bad.....the dryer does not ignite

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Yeah there are a lot of tests for different parts, you can do a continuity test on the igniter itself, you can do a continuity test on the flame sensor which is on the side of the heater can, have you got the dryer open yet ? If so heavy start of the dryer to see if the igniter is glowing at all?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes the front is off we hard start it and there is no glow is it the flat metal plate with the 2 wires going to it on the side of the gas tube?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Yes the piece on the side with the wires going to it is the flame sensor, if you remove one wire and test that it should have continuity, make sure you unplug the dryer before attempting any of these tests, do you know how to test for continuity with a voltmeter?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes it shows no resistance. it shows an open circuit. is that a 3/16 bolt I see in there?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
1/4" usually, you need to replace it if it does not show resistance, this senses the flame and will not allow the igniter to glow if it's bad, good job, you can order this at the following link if you wish, http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/338906?searchModPar=338906&=Part+%23+search&pathTaken=partSearch&prst=0&shdPart=338906 or pick one up locally the part number is XXXXX thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How do we pay Bryan the $30.00 and end this?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
When you press the accept I got paid, thank you and no need to reply to me on this just let the question time out, if you answer me again I will need to answer you again so we can just let this run out now, thanks so much, Bryan