Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

How do I remove the front panel to test the timer on a Whirlpool

How do I remove the front panel to test the timer on a Whirlpool washer Model WFW9500TWO1 Serial No CSW1003040 ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

What seems to be the problem with this machine? What is it doing? This has a machine control board and the user-interface but it's not really a timer as such, can you tell me what the machine is doing or not doing?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Machine will wash but will not go into the first spin cycle .
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay, does this seem to be draining do you know? Usually if these do not drain they will stop cannot continue through the first spin cycle, if you remove the screws at the very bottom there is a panel under the door remove the screws and pull the panel off then you need to check the pump trap, you unscrew it and pull it out, get some towels ready there will probably be water in it let me know what you have the panel off and have checked the trap and cleaned it out thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your help it is now working.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
no problem, glad to help, Please don't forget to press the accept button if I've helped, its the only way I get paid, thanks Bryan