Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years in the appliance repair field.

I have an Amana NFW7200TW and the fabric softener wont dispense.

I have an Amana NFW7200TW and the fabric softener won't dispense. It sits there full through the entire load. I've checked the water pressure (it's fine) and the detergent goes - but not the fabric softener. Isn't that odd?
I've also tried soaking it in hot water (in case there was some kind of blockage) - no help.
please help!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Alan replied 5 years ago.
Hi Sir or Madam, Thanks for using Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you today. Does the softener seem to be diluted when the cycle is done? If not it is probably one of the valves that has failed. Also make sure that the siphon cap is in place. It is number 22 in this picture.graphic
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
#22 is there and yes the softener is diluted.
Expert:  Alan replied 5 years ago.
If the softener is diluted after the wash, then it is dispensing some of it. That #22 piece is there to form a siphon. Make sure it is seated all the way down and that it is nice and clean.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the siphon is all the way down and I soaked it in hot water to ensure no blockage. Should I take it apart to ensure that it's clear? (and if I do take it apart - will I have issues putting it back together Smile ?)
Expert:  Alan replied 5 years ago.
If you just take apart that part of the dispenser you should not have any problems getting it back together.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

took it apart and put it back together - nothing there - all clean.

any other suggestions? If the softener is getting diluted it is half working properly - right? it's just not emptying fully....

Expert:  Alan replied 5 years ago.
Since everything else checks ok, you need a water valve. Click here to purchase the part.