gst85
gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs
51919146

My 2007 GE spacemaker microwave model jvm2070sk02 keypad has

My 2007 GE spacemaker microwave model jvm2070sk02 keypad has stopped working. It's lite and all, but nothing happens when you press the buttons. Thoughts? I can unplug it and have the keypad screen change to say the food may not be done because the power went out...
Category: Appliance
Expert:  gst85 replied 3 years ago.

gst85 :

hello,is it giving any errors

Customer:

no errors

Customer:

everything looks normal but I can't select anything on the keypad

gst85 :

ok it seems that a relay has shorted out on the touch pad which is why it will not respond

Customer:

It just did respond to the notice from when I unplugged it. I selected "ok", but now the standard screen is up and nothing

gst85 :

what options will it respond to?

Customer:

I just pushed a selection of buttons and it randomly works now... ugh

gst85 :

lol

gst85 :

wow

gst85 :

thats weird

Customer:

At this moment, nothing...

gst85 :

could be making bad contact

gst85 :

you may need to replace the board.

gst85 :

but i must tell it is pretty expensive

Customer:

all buttons work again now

Customer:

clearly intermittent... ugh the worst kind!

gst85 :

thats good news!.

gst85 :

lets hoe it stays that way lol

Customer:

any impact you think from boling water under it - on the other side from the keypad?

gst85 :

could of overheated the components

Customer:

it is 90 outside too... and I'm boiling pasta... duh

gst85 :

try to boil on the oposit side

Customer:

this is the opposite side

gst85 :

id like some lol

gst85 :

i think it will be fine.but the heat is a part of your issue

gst85 :

do you have any questiosn for me?

Customer:

I went to the "help" button and I can't select the "troublshooting" or anything again...

Customer:

What's the replacement part number in case I get stuck and need a new one?

gst85 :

touch pad

Customer:

It it anything I can clean or something? I have an electrical background

gst85 :

one minute please

Customer:

ok

gst85 :

okay that part is out of stock .through repair clinic

gst85 :

you may be able to go through www.sear parts direct.com

gst85 :

for now just play it by ear

Customer:

do you have a part number?

gst85 :

Manufacturer Number WB27X10901

gst85 :

anything else youd like to ask me

Customer:

thank you!

Customer:

that is all...

gst85 :

your welcome.pressing accept pays me for my time

gst85 :

have a great day

Customer:

I shall!

gst85 :

please leave feedback

gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs