Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

GE Front Load Washer Model whdvh626 Tub is out of balance

GE Front Load Washer Model whdvh626
Tub is out of balance regardless of amount of clothes during high speed spin. How do I access the springs?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. Lets get started.

Does this sound like a jet plane taking off when it is and high-speed spin?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
not at all. Sounds like a VERY out of balance drum. I ran it without clothes and of course, it was ok. Put in a half load of sports clothes, and voila, it made it through the cycle but was not right. Today, I put 3 towels in and had to turn it off and it never acted like this before. I have 4 people in the family and have owned this for 3 years. Its on reinforced wooden floors with Shake Away's under each foot.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
if the springs are good the dampers are bad or at least one or two, these are tub stabilizers, you can order these on line, the part # XXXXX XXXXX you may want to google the part # XXXXX the best price, hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sounds like it to me. While waiting for you, I ran it with front cover off and it spun, with a clank, thud clank thud.....so I looked inside and springs...left and right side...is their one in the rear?? were fine. All four of the stabilizers have grease on the shafts. Sounds just like a car shock going bad.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
I'm looking at the diagrams now and a really don't show how many Springs there are but I believe there are four on this, two in the front and two in the back but that's not always the case, some only have two larger ones that hold the tub, here is the diagram but they don't show all of the Springs they really only show one, but I highly doubt it's the Springs, I've never had a replace the Springs but have had to replace the shocks because you're right these are like cars shocks and they wear out and start to leak grease, I would replace them if you really want to repair this because these are what stabilize the drum, the Springs or just for attaching the drum to the top frame they don't really stabilize the drum at all, I hope this helps, thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.