Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

my fridg its a side buy side is leaking water

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

is this collecting water in the bottom of the freezer and leaking out the door?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the basket at the botoom of freezer keeps getting a puddle and freezing so i guess so
okay you have a defrost drain problem, the drain hole is clogged, there is a fairly easy fix for this, what you need to do is first boil some water in a pan, then you need to remove the back panel inside the freezer behind the basket and the food, part number 20 on this diagram, number 14 on the diagram if you look at it in the very center there is a drain hole, this is probably covered in ice so you may not see it right away, it's in the center right underneath the silver coils, get some towels and place them in the bottom of the freezer, pour hot water over the ice that's covering the hole until all of the ice is melted and the water drains through the whole freely, this may take a little while it's probably pretty thick and you need to make sure you get it all even down in the tube itself so this will drain correctly, the reason for this hole is when this goes into defrost the water runs down into a pan underneath the refrigerator where it then evaporates, this is how the defrost system works, be careful not to burn yourself with the hot water, you may need to pour the water on there and when it cools off and soak it up with a towel and pour more until it finally drains, this is a very common issue and we do this all the time, but there's no need to call for service you can do this yourself, I hope this helps, thanks and very best wishes, Bryan