Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

Hello, I heard that Ikea appliances are made by Whirlpool.

Customer Question

Hello, I heard that Ikea appliances are made by Whirlpool. Is that true? Do they carry a Whirlpool warranty or an Ikea warranty? Does Whirlpool service Ikea appliances if anything goes wrong? Thank you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  applianceguy replied 3 years ago.

applianceguy :

hi, yes Whirlpool does make Appliance for ikea.

applianceguy :

They do have a Whirlpool warranty.

applianceguy :

Whirlpool service is done by many service centers. They go to Whirlpool training.

applianceguy :

So we do not work right for Whirlpool, but they train us on there Appliances.

applianceguy :

They make Appliance for sears also.

Customer :

Do you have experience servicing Ikea appliances?

applianceguy :

The warranty in the book has a phone # to Whirlpool, they call for a servicer in your area.

applianceguy :

Not yet, but i have seen them in class.

applianceguy :

They are close to the whirlpool, but they change some things.

applianceguy :

So they are not that different.

Customer :

I am looking for information about the quality of Ikea appliances. If you don't have experience with them, I'm sorry that you responded to my question.

applianceguy :

I have experience with the whirlpool brand that makes them, and i have trained on them. Your question was does Whirlpool make Ikea.

applianceguy :

And warranty and service.

applianceguy :

I answered everything you asked.

Customer :

Hello, I was beginning a line of questioning without realizing I would have to pay to have an answer. I thought, since I was asked to pay that I could enter the line of questioning I was beginning. I'm not satisfied with the way this service is set up. I'm not blaming you, but I think just answering my simple initial questions is not worth $45.00. It's not your fault, this answer service is misleading. I expected someone with Ikea appliance experience to answer - so I could have an in depth conversation.

applianceguy :

What is your in depth question?

Customer :

I am considering purchasing an Ikea kitchen and can't get an answer from anyone, including my regular appliance guy, about how to judge Ikea appliances. The prices are incredibly low. I would never have considered buying them until someone told me Whirlpool makes them. I've heard of Whirlpool and know they build other brands but that still doesn't tell me much about the Ikea brand. I went to blogs to see what people think of them. Their answers were all over the place. I decided to try to find an expert in this area. That's why I agreed to pay $45.

Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 3 years ago.
Hello I'm Larry and thank you for using our service. I will be helping with all my 30 years of training and knowledge to help you

how are you today? ... may i have the model number you have questions about?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello Larry,
I don't have all the model numbers. I will look them up and email you tomorrow evening.
Thank you!
no problem ,, i should be here
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you
your welcome
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Larry,
Here's the identification info on Ikea appliances I'm considering:

- Electric Cooktop, Nutid, Item # 101.826.17, $599

- Slide-in Oven, Nutid Forced Air, Item # 801.423.45, $749

- Exhaust Hood, Nutid HDN SW 850, Item # 90.423.59, $999

- Fridge, Kylig 18, Item # 002.038.99, $749

- Dishwasher, Renlig, Item 601.423.70, $599

Please let me know if you have any experience with these product lines and what your experience has been.

Let me know if you need additional information.

Thank you,
Liz
the model numbers for theses isn't good numbers ,, Ikea appliances is a lower end of Whirlpool which means they are good unit except they don't have all the bells and whistles as the upper end, these model number are ones that's built for over seas so i would stay away from them because it will be really hard to get service on them because as i, i could not pull up the models to access parts or service, i would spend a little more and go with the Whirlpool appliances and then you can always get parts and service, Ikea appliances are good appliances but you will have to find someone that can look at the appliances first hand and be able to cross the parts ,,, sorry i cant tell you more but no need beating around the bush on this ,,