The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

i have a norcold refrigerator and keep getting s code on ac

Customer Question

i have a norcold refrigerator and keep getting s code on ac but works fine on lp
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 5 years ago.

The Home Smithy :

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. If the answer I provide for you is helpful, please click 'ACCEPT'. I won't be paid if you don't. Thank you.

The Home Smithy :

You have a flame sence circuit failure. Please stand by and I will upload a service manual that will help you fix the problem.

The Home Smithy :

Please click here to download the manual. Go to page 13 for the repair procedures.

The Home Smithy :

Please let me know if you require further assistance, or information.
If not, please click on "ACCEPT".
After you accept, please leave feedback.
Thank you.

Customer :

norcold fridge will start off on ac then stops shows a s code freezer gets cold but fridge dont seems to work fine on lp

The Home Smithy :

Customer : I updated the question I worded it wrong. It seems to work fine on lp stops working on Ac about a day or two after u cut it on. May stop 20 mins after u turn it on s code comes up
The Home Smithy :

The diagnostic code you have indicates a flame sence failure. Page 13 of the manual states that the main control board must be replaced to correct this problem.
Please click here to download a copy of the service manual. Page 45 has the instructions to change out the power board. You can get a new power board at most any RV dealership.

The Home Smithy :

If not, please click on "ACCEPT".
Thank you.