APPLIANCE GURU-John
APPLIANCE GURU-John, Business owner
Experience:  20 YEARS EXPERIANCE IN HOME APPLIANCE REPAIR.
59801830

I have a GE Cooktop bult-in gas Model #JGP336. I have orderd

I have a GE Cooktop bult-in gas Model #JGP336. I have orderd and received the gas white procelain burner replacement WB31K5079.

How do you replace the burner on this cooktop?

Linda

APPLIANCE GURU :

HI WELCOME TO JUST ANSWER.I WILL BE ASSISTING YOU WITH YOUR QUESTION TODAY. THE BURNER GRATE HAS PEGS ON THE BOTTOM THAT FIT INSIDE SPACES ON THE BURNER BOWL. PUT IT ON THE BOWL ANTURN TILL IT FALLS IN PLACE. VERY EASY.

Customer:

It is not the grate it is the white procelain (I don't know what it is called the white bowl under the grate).

APPLIANCE GURU :

I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN THE WHITE PROCELAIN, COULD YOU EXPLAIN THIS MORE AND GIVE ME THE COMPLETE MODEL NUMBER WITH ALL THE LETTERS AND NUMBERS.

Customer:

It is replacement #WB31K5079 which is a GE Renewal part for model #JGP336WED. On the packing slip it is described as Gas White Porcelain BU.

Customer:

Did you receive my last response? Didn't know if it went through.

APPLIANCE GURU :

OK GIVE ME A FEW MINUTES TO LOOK AT THIS.

APPLIANCE GURU :

OK THAT PART IS THE BURNER BOWL. IT SITS UNDERNEATH THE BURNER GRATE THAT YOU PUT YOUR PAN ON TO COOK. TAKE OFF THE BURNER GRATE THERE ARE NO SCREWS HOLDING IT, THAN TAKE OUT THE 2 SCREWS HOLDING THE BURNER BOWL, REMOVE THE OLD BOWL AND PUT IN THE NEW ONE AND REPLACE THE SCREWS.

APPLIANCE GURU :

PLEASE CLICK THE ACCEPT BUTTON THIS IS HOW I GET PAID FOR MY TIME. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS LET ME KNOW.

Customer:

There are no screws.

APPLIANCE GURU :

DOES THE PART YOU HAVE LOOK LIKE A BOWL?

APPLIANCE GURU :

THIS WOULD BE EASIER IF YOU STAY ONLINE.

APPLIANCE GURU :

IT DOES HAVE 2 SCREWS. DO YOU SEE THE 2 HOLES IN THE MIDDLE? THE SCREWS GO THROUGH THE BURNER HEAD FIRST THAN INTO THE BOWL.

APPLIANCE GURU :

I GUESS I FORGOT TO MENTION TO TAKE OFF THE BURNER CAP AND THE BURNER HEAD. YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO THIS NOW,WITH NO PROBLEM.

Customer:

I see the 2 holes in the middle. My husband can't replace until tomorrow so I assume it will work and I will go ahead and accept for payment. If he has any problems tomorrow can I contact you again?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What about the spark igniter that sits on top of the burner bowl. How does that come off?
REMOVE THE CLIP THAT HOLDS IT.
THERES A CLIP THAT HOLDS THE IGNITOR TO THE BURNER HEAD UNDERNEATH THE BURNER HEAD.