Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

I have a front loading Whirlpool washer model number; GHW9150PW0.

Customer Question

I have a front loading Whirlpool washer model number; GHW9150PW0. It will not start, just hear a click and error code, DLF, which I think means; door lock failure. Replaced door lock mechanism, but still the same.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 5 years ago.
If the door lock assembly was replaced ..Then this means you either have a faulty or loose connection between the lock and the control board..Or the control board itself is faulty..The door lock assembly has a electronic switch which communicates with the control board..Tell it when the lock is opened or closed..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm not a mechanic. How do I fix the problem, that's what I want to know. Where is the control board, how do I know what to do with it? Do I have to call a technician, I could have done that to begin with.
You would need to do a diagnostic on the washer..There will be a tech sheet taped to the bottom front panel..It will guide you thru the self diagnostics..If you do not have the tech sheet ..Let me know..I can provide one for you..The computer is just under the top lid..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
need a tech sheet
Great please standby..
CLICK HERE FOR SERVICE MANUAL Once you open the link close out the advertisements..The service manual will show you step by step diagnostics..Also if you have time once you use the accept option today..pleas stop by and leave some feedback..Thanks Bob
Please accept my answer for my time helping you on your question or let me know if you have any further questions..Thanks Bob