Tom Johnston
Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 years experience
14207197

My GE does not stop watter from comming once you released to

My GE does not stop watter from comming once you released to stop watter from comming. It seems that it does not stop watter from keep on commig after stop pushing the water dispenser. What could it be. Can I fixed it or it would be to expensive?
Hi welcome to just answer my name is XXXXX XXXXX i will be helping you today with your problem.
You need to replace the water inlet valve it is behind the fridge. The main water line is attached to it. The valve is around 40 dollars.

If this has been helpful please press accept.Smile
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Do you think we do not need to call anyone since they charge you 65.00 just to diagnose the problem? Can we replace it ourselves?
You can change it your self it is not difficult.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am looking on GE internet on how to replace the water intel but there is no answer for it on the how to questions and answers.
Remove the lower back panel disconnect the hose pull the wires off and unscrew the valve from the inside wall.