Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

my subzero 632 refrigerator/freezer is giving me an EC 24,

Customer Question

my subzero 632 refrigerator/freezer is giving me an EC 24, for defrost under-heat. can I fix this myself? the unit is holding the proper temperature in the freezer and fridge at this time.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 5 years ago.
Hello I'm Larry and thank you for using our service. I will be helping with all my 30 years of training and knowledge to help you

better call a tech. ec 24= check for proper ohm reading of defrost heater. replace heater if defective. or check the the thermistor(location) and remount correctly .. this isn't a self fix repair ,, thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Okay, thank your for the answer. This is my first time using this system and this was my big concern...that the answer would be that I need to call the tech.... and I'd be stuck with a $30 bill on top of what I otherwise will be spending for the tech. I want to pay you something, but not $30. And, I am not sure how to adjust on the system.
i understand but you listed it for $30 and i cant change it myself ,, sorry ,, you can click the accept button so i may be paid and then contact just answer and tell them you want it reduced and they will be able to see then after its been accepted and they can help with the matter ,, sorry if i cant ,, Glad i could help you with your problem so please press the accept button before you leave ,, thanks