Repairman1981
Repairman1981, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 years Repairing Appliances, Factory Trained in Several Major Brands Self employed owner at All Better Appliance
41736587

I have a Whirlpool Gold quiet Partner III Mod GU2455X SER FU0303181.

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool Gold quiet Partner III Mod GU2455X SER FU0303181. It has developed a sort of buzzing noise in all cycles. It still washes the dishes, but seems to take longer, both to get started as well as for the timing lights to come on. Could it be something stuck in the macerator/pump impeller? If so where do I find them? Is there on on-line repair manual?

Ken H.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Repairman1981 replied 5 years ago.

Repairman1981 :

How often does the buzzing sound last

Repairman1981 :

And can you please describe it a bit better

Repairman1981 :

When and what will help me narrow down possibilities and walk you through what to check

JACUSTOMER-01yyu3ci- :

Buzzing sound begins as soon as the machine is turned on. It seems to be coming from the lower left bottom corner of the machine. It happens on all cycles(glass wash/rinse/power wash). It stops when the drain pump starts up. To me it sounds like a clutch or a solenoid is malfunctioning, yet I can hear the washer arm spraying water.