Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

our whirlpool washer duet model #WFW9200SQ00 will not run through

our whirlpool washer duet model #WFW9200SQ00 will not run through any cycle. When we press the power switch it keeps on blinking and does not set. The machine was moved and has been unplugged and then replugged. Does this matter. How do we reset the machine to work?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

What is blinking exactly? And I'm assuming you can't select the different cycles because it won't turn on when you press the power button correct?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The cycle selector blinks.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
ok, then that means the control panel isn't locked or anything like that. Which unfortunately also means that something is going on with your interface control board itself. Try to unplug the unit for 60 seconds to see if the electronics reset. If not, then the front interface control board will need to be ordered and replaced because it's just shorted for one reason or another.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
We figured out the problem without the help of the expert - the problem was related to holding the start button for a few seconds - unfortunately the direction of holding it is so small I hadn't seen it. The information provided by the expert had no bearing on the solution.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
ok, well then that sounds like there wasn't a problem at all with the unit. When you're stating there is a problem, we in general assume that there is actually a problem. Either way, glad it's working again.