Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Timed Dry feature on dryer doesnt work, only can use the automatic

Timed Dry feature on dryer doesn't work, only can use the automatic features
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

What happens when you try to use the timed dry exactly? Does the timer just sit there and do absolutely nothing? Does the dryer still run and heat but the timer won't advance?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I just emailed my tenants the question. When I hear back I will let you know. Thanks for the prompt response. I enjoy working with you as you have been very helpful.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
no problem, just let me know what they say.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK, the dryer doesn't dry period on any mode. You could run it 4 times and then maybe the clothes will dry. When you put your hand in the dryer, it is only warm, not hot like a normal dryer should be. This happned to one of our other dryers. We ended up changing the gas celenoid coil. Do you think this could be the problem?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
yes, it sounds like your vent is either clogged and needs to be cleaned out through your house, or the gas coils need to be replaced. Just disconnect the vent from the dryer and run a cycle to see if it works properly. If so, then clean the vent out through your house, otherwise replace the dryer coils.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Can you please let me know what part # XXXXX is for the coil and how I can replace it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I was following up on the coil question please. Thanks for your help
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Below is a link to the heating element I believe for your model. Although I will say I can't pull up your exact model so I would remove the back panel on your dryer and make sure the picture looks the same as the heater on your model.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your help. We ended up buying a new washer dryer as this was too old to waste time and money on.