Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My Ge Monogram diswasher will not start. None of the buttons

Customer Question

My Ge Monogram diswasher will not start. None of the buttons on the panel will work, but I am assuming it is plugged in due to the fact that the cycle light is on. Do the panels go out on these and if so can they be replaced? Our dishwasher is five years old.
Thanks Christine
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If there is a light on the control panel on, then you are correct--the dishwasher is getting 120 volts. Thta being said, there really isn't anything but a broken wire or a shorted control board that would cause this unit to act like this. Try to turn the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher for 60 seconds to see if the electronics will reset. if not, then the control board inside the door of the dishwasher will need to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue.