Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

After starting the self clean mode on my Fisher Paykel oven,

After starting the self clean mode on my Fisher Paykel oven, I got an F7 default code. I stopped, started again, same thing. Third time it ran for 30 min. before F7 appeared. Now it is running again. Should I stop the self clean or continue. What does F7 mean?
On June 24 a F & P repair person came because the oven was not pre-heating and would not maintain a temp.  He replaced the back heating coil and also the entire front door panel where the electronics and light and door switch is located.  Lots of money.  Now this.  I'm not satisfied with F & P.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

F7 means that your door lock for the oven is failing. Often the heat from the self clean cycle will cause the switch in the latch to expand making the oven think that the lock has opened up when it should be locked. Either way, replacing the latch assembly is the way to repair this issue.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is this what the F7 code means?

The oven door is locked but when the code appears in the display, is the oven still working properly? Should I call F & P to make another house call.

Was this not replaced as part of the whole panel in the top of the door last June?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
F7 means your door latch has failed or the oven thinks it has failed. This is completely separate from the entire control panel, in fact it's mounted in the left side wall of your oven. It doesn't matter if the door is locked or unlocked when the error occurs, the lock is switch isn't reading correctly.