Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

how do I remove the plastic plug on the end of the sliding

how do I remove the plastic plug on the end of the sliding rack so I can take the trays out to clean? Many thanks!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker around the frame of the dishwasher and can be seen if you open the door.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
GSD6610G00SB
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
ok so this clip is a little difficult to remove. Use a flat head screwdriver and there is a locking tab that you need to push in on the OUTSIDE of the rail. Just push very hard inward on the plastic locking tab and then pull the entire front plastic plug clip forward and off.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
has the locking tab become "calcified" over time and if so, should I use ?WD40 or CLR before I try?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
you can try CLR if you'd like, but I wouldn't think WD40 would co anything. I've actually never ran into this problem so I wouldn't think this would need to be done.