Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My Miele dishwasher (G2180SCSF) stops after about 5 minutes

Customer Question

My Miele dishwasher (G2180SCSF) stops after about 5 minutes and starts beeping -- all indicator lights come on. ??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Open the door and how high is the water? Compared to the filter handle in the bottom of your tub, is it above, below or touching the bottom of the handle?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's empty. When it starts beeping I can hear the water draining, so I just let it drain for a few seconds before I open it.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
ok well the washer should drain for 30 seconds when you first start it up, then it should fill up with water to the bottom of the handle. At which point it should start washing. Start a cycle and listen closely to make sure these functions are happening. Open the door a few times and see if water ever enters the cycle.

Let me know what DOESN'T happen as I described above.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The water fills to the bottom of the filter handle and then it makes some clicking noises that I hadn't noticed before (it's so quiet!), as if it's trying to move to the next step but can't get there. It clicked for 12 minutes without washing and just started beeping.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
ok, this means that your motor is trying to turn over but it can't. This is a common problem with Miele dishwashers and unfortunately it means that you need to have the circulation motor replaced because it has siezed up and failed.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It's only 3 years old! Ugh, not happy.

Thanks for your help.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
I'm really sorry about the issue but you can call Miele and they are usually pretty good with customer service on expensive issues so you may want to talk to them to see if they'll help with the repair.