Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My sub zero was recently repaired -- the cold adjustment button

My sub zero was recently repaired -- the cold adjustment button was replaced. Now, however, even though we have the refrig set at its coldest, it is not as cold as it was before the repair. Initially, we were told that the compressor had failed, but it turned out that the original technician had not "plugged in" the new device when he originally repaired it. Any ideas on what to do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

What as the original complaint as to why the thermostat was being replaced? Was it just not cold enough?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
We felt an unusual hotness where the center panel dividing the refrig from the freezer, and shortly thereafter, it began to loose coolness.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
ok so that means that either your compressor is going bad as the original technician stated, or the cooling fan up by the compressor isn't running to cool the compressor off, so the compressor is overloading. This is not a thermostat issue, this definitely has something to do with the compressor itself or the fan that should be blowing across and cooling the compressor.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Well, the compressor was checked, and said to be working fine. So, how long does it take for a refrigerator to get up to speed (i.e., cold) after it has been down?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
it takes about 12-24 hours before the temperature stabalizes. And you can't check the compressor itself, you can only check the freon pressure to make sure it has enough freon in the system.