Peter
Peter, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years in the home appliance service and parts industry.

What does LE mean on the washer when a cycle does not complete

What does LE mean on the washer when a cycle does not complete and how can it be fixed.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Peter replied 2 years ago.

Peter :

Hi, my name isXXXXX am eager to help you solve your appliance problems.

Peter :

Is there water or suds inside the washer tub and are you using "HE" detergent?

Customer:

Yes on HE detergent and there is residual water in the tub

Peter :

Power up the washer and push the spin speed button before selecting any cycles then start the washer. Does the water drain out or do you just hear a hum sound?

Customer:

hang for a minute

Customer:

spin high, 14 minutes, humm, then sounded like it was draining and then it started spinning

Peter :

When do you get the "LE" error?

Peter :

Beginning, middle, end of cycle?

Customer:

at sometime during the cycle, it never finishes, but now it's spinning -

Customer:

I can't tell you specifically when the LE comes up

Peter :

When it stops spinning open the door, grab the metal inner tub and shake it. Does it kind of rattle and seem like it is loose from the outer tub. The whole assembly hangs on springs so it will move but it will be obvious if the inner is loose from the outer.

Customer:

there is 8 minutes left on the cycle.

Peter :

Just cancel it.

Customer:

Seems like the intergrity is right. moves but doesn't feel dissconnected or anything

Customer:

no rattle

Peter :

"LE" usually means that the board is not sensing that the tub is turning at the proper speed. If the water does not drain it cannot spin up to speed. If the pump is working, correct detergent and tub is good then either a defective RPS (rotor position sensor) most common or a defective main PCB. The RPS is mounted on the rear of the tub on the motor windings. I have replaced a number of these to take care of this problem.

Peter :

Get your model # XXXXX contact www.reliableparts.com and they can send you the part.

Customer:

Should I try a cycle now that it is drained?

Peter :

Yes. Worst case it errors out again. Won't hurt anything.

Customer:

ok - thank you

Peter :

You may send additional questions directly to me.

If I have answered your question satisfactorily - please press the "ACCEPT" button, as this is the only way we receive pay for our knowledge and time.
Bonuses are GREATLY appreciated as well as feedback.

Thank you,

Peter

Peter :

Are you still there?

Peter, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Over 25 years in the home appliance service and parts industry.