Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

My miele washing W515 honeycomb care, 5.5 kg. The fabric softener

Customer Question

My miele washing W515 honeycomb care, 5.5 kg. The fabric softener compartment is filling up with water, and I don't think the fabric softener is being distributed in the wash, and the powder in the centre compartment is not disolving properly.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 5 years ago.

This means that the solenoid that feeds the dispenser is faulty. The solenoid is not shutting letting water through when it should not.. You need to replace the solenoid on the top back to fix the unit friend
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I am just waiting for husband to get home so he can have a look and see if he understands what you mean and if he is able to get the solenoid out. Is that difficult, Is it simple to get it out ??

p.s. he will be home in half an hour..

Yes, its very simple with the top off he can get it and replace it..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
there is a metal clamp holding the solenoid down, does that just clip of with a bit of force. It doesn't want to come of easily and my husband didn't want to force it..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
my last question wasn't answered
I honestly would have to see it to answer your question. It should just have a set screw holding it.

Pressing accept pays me for my time thank you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
We replaced the solenoid at the cost of $130 and this did not fix the problem. To recap the fabric softener is not being despensed into the wash and the fabric softener compartment is just filling up with water and staying full. Also can liquid dtergent be used in the detergent despenser of this Miele W515, or does it just run into the wash ?