Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

My small Haier refrigerator Model AES44B (that we use only

My small Haier refrigerator Model AES44B (that we use only for keeping drinks cold) is not working. It defrosted overnight. I cleaned up the water and dried everything off. When I plug it in the light works and I hear "clicks" now and then like it is trying to run/kick on but nothing happens.

Any suggestions? I love my little fridge.

Thank you so much for any help you can provide.

Randy 43 :

hello, does it ckick every few minutes and try to start for 8-10 secs then clicks off again?

Customer:

No, I only hear a click every few seconds and nothing happens so I just unplugged it.

Randy 43 :

the black compressor at the back of the fridge is it running? should be vibrating and warm..

Customer:

No, it is not running, vibrating, or warm.

Randy 43 :

you need the compressor then, if it cant start that is what clicks on and off,if the compressor cant start the fridge wont cool at all

Customer:

Well, I guess I am down and out and should shop for another fridge. This work is no doubt more expensive than just purchasing another fridge. Is that your take on my situation?

Randy 43 :

how old is the fridge?

Customer:

About 5 years old. It is just one of those tiny ones (like a dorm room size) that we use only for cold drinks. We only paid around $100 for it.

Randy 43 :

yes, then its definately time for a new one, compressor itself costs more than that , plus labour and freon

Customer:

Well, I was hoping you would tell me about some magic reset button that I needed to push :-). I appreciate your time and the money I am spending here is certainly worth it. Thank you so much.

Customer:

Thanks again, and I am pressing the "accept" button. Later.