AppTech35002, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 years experience delivering, installing, and repairing major home appliances. Factory trained on most popular brands.

The intake/drain red light is flashing and F11 is on the

Customer Question

The "intake/drain" red light is flashing and F11 is on the display on my G2430 Miele DW. I cleaned the triple filter, drain pump and non-return valve, turned on the DW again and after about 10 minutes the same things are displayed (F11 and flashing light). Any suggestions on what to do now?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  AppTech35002 replied 5 years ago.

AppTech35002 :

Thank you for choosing to resolve your appliance issue. I look forward to assisting you.

F11 is a drain failure code.

Check the drain hose, the air gap on the sink (if you have one), and the p-trap under the sink for obstructions.

AppTech35002 :

If all of those are clear, my first suspicion would be a defective drain pump. However, I have found that almost always there is an obstruction somewhere.