william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate
13954826

How do I replace the glass stovetop for Jenn Air oven

May i have the age please of the unit? Thanks.

Unscrew the four screws in the corners of your glass cooktop. Working carefully, slide the cracked cooktop out from the frame. Be careful of the sharp edges.

Discard the old cooktop. You may need to break the glass cooktop into smaller pieces for easy disposal. Wrap the broXXXXX XXXXXtop in an old towel, and tap it lightly with a hammer or mallet.

Slide the new glass cooktop into the frame. Replace the screws in the four corners using the screwdriver. Wipe the glass cooktop down with a damp cloth.

Please press the accept button this is how im paid for helping you today. Thank-you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks William...but it is much more complicated than you made it sound. I got the top off and all the burners and electrical circuitry was still attached, and difficult and frustrating to extract. In other words it does not slide out a new frame has to be installed. My counsel would be to give a client more info before tackling the job.

Maybe offer a circuitry map as well.

Sincerely,
tg

Here you go. I will send a wiring diagram also.

Heres the diagram.

Please press the accept button this is how im paid for helping you today. Thanks.