william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate
13954826

I have a broken door handle on my Dacor top oven of my double

I have a broken door handle on my Dacor top oven of my double ovens. My repairman says it is no longer available and searching the internet, I am finding the same problem. I cannot afford new ovens--is there a substitute handle or a resource to get one, new or in good used condition??? Thank you very much!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.

Do you know how old this is? Where did it break at? Thanks.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
We bought it 11 years ago, but it was a floor model at a store and they were discontinuing Dacor, so it was obviously not that year's model.There are four screws holding the handle inside the door. Three of them are broken at the plastic top flange or housing of the screw receptacle. I hope that makes sense! In other words, where it screws in is broken off.....
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.
I understand i looked at a few places and just about everything on this unit is discontinued. I will look at another place for you but you will have to give me a little time for this search. I will let you know what i find. Is this okay with you? Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am headed out and need to know something in the next five or ten minutes! Another question is, what kind of glue could be used that could withstand the high temperatures
of the self-clean cycle??
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.

Thats what i was gonna suggest to you if i couldnt find what im looking for. You can use what they call apoxy its a 2 part mixture that you mix equal parts then glue them together. Its really hard and this would work for you. Provinding that you let it sit for appox 24 hrs.

I will still look for a handle for you.

Please press the accept button this is how im paid for helping you today. Thank-you.