Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have a Whirlpool dryer, a 3 cycle special edition commercial

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool dryer, a 3 cycle special edition commercial capacity. I've had it for about 10 years. When I set the timer and select a drying time, nothing happens when I push the start button. I can hear the timer running but the button doesn't start anything. What is the problem (selenoid) and can I just replace that? What can I do to rule out other things?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 3 years ago.
May I get your units Model number to better assist you?
If you open the door in will be on the face frame of the unit.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was looking on the back! Its all right there when you know where to look. Here is all the info:

MOD: LER3624JQ0

Ser: MK2415962

Type: D433-ELE-2406028-FM54

Thank you .

You have an open thermal fuse .we can test it .

If you pull the dryer out unplug it .

Remove the rear panel .and on the bloer housing on the left you have a thermal fuse that has two blue wires on it .

Remove those two wires ans touch them to geather ,plug the dryer in ,and then try to start it .

And let me know what it does?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do I have to uncrimp them or something to get those two connectors off? I can seem to wiggle them loose.

they just pull straight off
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay, got braver and pulled and they did and I touched them together, reattached, plugged in, set it for 30 min and pressed the button. Nothing.

and they did stay togeather ?

and the door was closed?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No, they didn't stay stuck together, like they were magnetized. Do you mean like that, did they stick together like magnets?

no they need to be touching while and during the pressing of the start button

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Oh. Okay, just a minute

ok

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, my dryer came on! So, do I need to buy a new fuse?

Experience: 30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you very much! I will not use it like that in the meantime. Have a good night!
Good , Glad to assist you ,and Thank you ,have a good evening .