Neilwill
Neilwill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 years experience appliance repair and installation
25067054

my hampton bay ceiling fan fluorescent light no longer lights

my hampton bay ceiling fan fluorescent light no longer lights after about 5 years use. Tried turning the glass cover to remove and replace the lamp. It turns, but so far doesn't come off. What else do I need to do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Neilwill replied 3 years ago.

Neilwill :

Hello, Thank you for using JustAnswer! If you have any questions after reading my answer,be sure to let me know. what is your model number.

Neilwill :

Most globes have threescrews to losen to remove the globe. Does your have these screws?

Neilwill :

And some others actually the whole glass globe turns and screws off.

Customer:

I don't see any, but will look again if you can suggest where I should look.

Customer:

so, it looks like the globe turns and screws off, but how much force should be used when it stops turning?

Neilwill :

Or the center nut where the chain hangs turns and screws off to remove the globe

Neilwill :

Full Size Image

Customer:

this uses a remote, with no pull chain.

Neilwill :

until it turns counter clock wise. Are there any small screws at the top to loosen?

Neilwill :

That nut that the pull chain goes through turns and screws off to remove the globe. As in the picture I just sent you.

Neilwill :

Full Size Image

Neilwill :

Do you have the model number of your fan so I can see your globe setup

Neilwill :

Did you just try to turn the nut in the center of the globe where the chain hanges out??

Neilwill :

This is how most globes with chains are removed!

Customer:

don't have the model number where I can find it, the fan is like a stainless aircraft engine, no chain attached, and uses a remote control to adjust both fan speed and turn light on/off

Neilwill :

The center where the cahin hangs unscrews and you need to hold the globe with the other had.

Neilwill :

But you said, there is a chain hanging. Is this chain like in the picture I just sent

Neilwill :

Where the chain is hanging from the center of the globe?

Neilwill :

What the globe looks like is the important part

Customer:

this has no chain, has a wall switch and a remote control, no chain whatsoever

Neilwill :

Did you see this picture? Does it look like your globe???

Full Size Image

Neilwill :

Does the globe look like this one, except minus the chain?

Customer:

no it doesn't look like my globe, mine has a rounded flat bottom

Neilwill :

Is there any ornament hanging from the center of the globe?

Customer:

no, nothing hanging from the bottom of the globe

Neilwill :

Do you have a digital camera to send me a picture?

Neilwill :

No model number so I do not see it.

Customer:

sorry, no I don't

Neilwill :

Is it round flat square? Please help me out as if you are writing a book and need me to see what you see.

Customer:

it is round

Neilwill :

On the top of the globe there must be a metal ring with three scews to remove and free the globe.

Neilwill :

If there is not any scres then the whole globe turns and unscrews, counter clock wise.

Neilwill :

Screws

Neilwill :

If there is not any screws then the whole globe turns and unscrews, counter clock wise.

Neilwill :

We need the model or a picture or some thing from you in a fine description to help you.

Customer:

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX if I can get that info, but am unable to continue at this time.

Neilwill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 10 years experience appliance repair and installation