rick ready
rick ready, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have 29 years exp. on all makes and models just ask

Ive replace my sub zero freezer door gasket. It wasnt sealing

I've replace my sub zero freezer door gasket. It wasn't sealing tightly, icing up along the top occurred.

My problem is the door is not sealing tightly with the new gasket. The magnets are not engaging, the door feels a little loose. With the old gasket the door was basically tight.

My question is: Do I need to adjust the freezer door tracks? And, how do I do that?

Thanks in advance for any advise you can offer.

rick ready :

hello let me help you with that.

rick ready :

I'm back, sorry.

rick ready :

ok what you need to do is take a hair dryer push on the door to get the magnet to conncet heat it with the blow dryer(moveing the blow dryer constantly wiggle it back and forth )you will heat the rubber and form the gskt to attach at that point when it cools.if i have helped you please press accept a bonus is appreciated thank you for using just answer.

Rick, I've tried heating the gasket with a hair dryer but it seems to have no effect. Perhaps I have to apply more heat. Maybe I was going to easy on the heat bases on the warnings on the install directions.

rick ready :

it is a job geting it to seal it sometimes takes me a hour or so.

Thanks Rick, I'll work on it.