Repairman1981
Repairman1981, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 years Repairing Appliances, Factory Trained in Several Major Brands Self employed owner at All Better Appliance
41736587

How do I recalibrate the oven temperature on my Wolf Dual Fuel

How do I recalibrate the oven temperature on my Wolf Dual Fuel Range? It seems to be about 25-30 degrees low in baking temperature.

Repairman1981 :

bad news

Repairman1981 :

The calibration only works about 20 degrees, and if it's been calibrated before your already close to that (even killing the power doesn't change it) you need to replace the thermostat

Repairman1981 :

(the sensor that tells the board the temp)

Repairman1981 :

Do you feel up to it (it's only a couple screws and a quick wiring connector

Customer:

Are you telling me it cannot be recalibrated again, even if I can only bring it up 20 degrees? There is no way I could move this huge range to fix anything other than following directions similar to what I was given before. And what about the instructions the tech gave me two years ago? Are those correct? If not, what are your instructions for recalibration? Would you please clarify in more detail the instructions, because the one I was given was rather vague. I need a step by step instruction process, including when to turn on the oven.

Repairman1981 :

Well you had to move it before when it was calibrated so the chances of getting more than 5 or 10 more degrees is pretty low

Repairman1981 :

If you wanna try it your close

Repairman1981 :

You hold the clock button and turn the dial up or down it will show a 2 digit number and you can move it up or down 20 degrees

Repairman1981 :

I would still say as the expert you asked, you need to stop calibrating and change the sensor

Repairman1981 :

Or live with it and just set your recipes higher or lower accordingly

Repairman1981 :

The internal calibration is for making a new sensor match factory specs

Repairman1981 :

Not to avoid changing a sensor

Repairman1981 :

If you have had to calibrate it once before and now do again that sensor isn't gonna last long before going out all the way and you would hate to be starting the thanksgiving turkey and trying to get a sensor overnighted for it then

Repairman1981 :

I would deal with the issue now

Repairman1981 :

These aren't that hard to move if you lift up the front and pull

Repairman1981 :

I pull 60"s by myself

Customer:

Thank you for your advice. I thought it was too soon for something like this to occur again. Since my range is barely 3 years old, I think it may be under warranty.