Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

My Bosch washer is not draining the fabric softener from the

My Bosch washer is not draining the fabric softener from the tray.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.

Rob :

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isnt clear, please just ask me.

Rob :

Can you tell me, is the conditioner excatly as you put it in, Or, is it watered down?

Customer:

This problem has been going on for several months. In the beginning it would appear to be watered down. However, lately it looks just like it did when I put it in. May have a little water in it but the tray is definitley full.

Rob :

ok

Rob :

its one of two things so try both.

Remove the soapbox drawer, look up into the roof of the box. Above the conditioner compartment is a series of holes. Using a needle clean out all of these holes. Use an old toothbrush to clean the roof if its dirty.

The liquid stays in the drawer until the right time in the cycle. Then , water comes through these holes and fills the compartment. It overflows through the syphon tube and empties. There are two types of syphon fitted. The first is a tube at the back of the compartment. Remove it and thoroughly clean this and the drawer. Refit the tube and make sure it is firmly pushed down. The other type of syphon is a lid that fits on the conditioner compartment. If you have this type, lift off the lid and you will see the syphon tube. Make sure this and the lid are thoroughly clean. Refit lid and make sure its snapped down. refit drawer. Job done.

Rob :

I hope this answers your question and you click the accept button for me, if you have no further questions . Thanks, Rob

Customer:

I have the second type and have done that several times. Still end up with the same outcome. Up until the last couple of months the fabric softener would appear clean or just a small amout remaining. If the lid was not snapped down correctly the drawer would not close correct?

Rob :

You only need a small amount of dirt or dried conditioner and it wont syphon

Rob :

make sure there is enough water coming from the roof by cleaning the holes

Customer:

Which holes are you talking about? The holes on the roof the machine into which the tray fits? If so what is the best way to clean those. The tray is completely clean.

Rob :

I explained this above

Rob :

Customer:

"I explained this above" ....What kind of response is that. You are the expert, and I am trying to make sure I am understanding you correctly. I will clean out all of the holes. Hopefully that will work. You need to be a little more patient!

Rob :

I am sorry you feel i wasnt being patient, I actually typed it for you again.

Rob :

If you had said you hadnt understood my message, I would have tried to explian further.

Rob :

I thought you had just missed what I had typed

Rob :

I am trying to help you, not annoy you !

Customer:

Like I said, I will clean the holes in the top of the box and I would guess that should fix the problem. Thank you.

Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.