Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a kenmore ultra wash quiet guard deluxe dishwasher model

I have a kenmore ultra wash quiet guard deluxe dishwasher model #66513734K601. The clean light is flashing and I can't get it to stop and the dishwasher will not turn on. What should I do to make it work again?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. Lets get started.

Can you count the blinking? Is it blinking seven times and then repeating or is it blinking a different amount of times and then repeating? Let me know thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes it is bliking 7 times the stops for a second or two then repeats.
Okay, this is a heating element problem , try resetting this by doing this, press these buttons in this sequence, Heated Dry, High temp wash, Heated Dry, High temp wash, Heated Dry, then press cancel. If you do not have heated dry button use the air dry button. Let me know if the machine resets and runs, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is this a sign that my dishwasher is going bad? Will the heating element still heat the water?
Well it's a sign is a problem with either the control board or the heater, did it reset?