Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a 2010 Miele washing machine model W 3033. I experienced

I have a 2010 Miele washing machine model W 3033. I experienced a power interruption / surge in the electrical system while the washer was running. In restarting there was a message to call service tech. Now when powered on message flashes and light inside washer flashes. Is there an internal fuze I can check myself? Installation is on a yacht currently cruising new England so arranging service problematic.

Thanks for your help
Don Payzant
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. Lets get started.

Is this flashing an error ode ? like F20 or some other error code? have you tried unplugging this for 5 min. to see if it resets? I hope you're cruising Cape Cod right now I lived there for four years and had a boat, I'm actually from New England, let me know if it has an error code this is important besides just saying call for service, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Bryan,
Sounds like I found the right guy! We are in Falmouth today having started from homeport in Sarasota Fl, but I too lived on Cape Cod for 30 years. Did turn power off for extended period. If there was an error code I didn't notice it. Now when it is turned on the light inside flashes, and all the program option lights flash alternately. Am able to open the door.

Don
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Will hopefully you got the right guy, I lived in Sandwich for four years and had my boat in Borne, what I would have you try is see if you can get this into the diagnostic mode by following these instructions,

Note

Access has to be completed within 10 seconds.

A Press Start and hold.

A Switch the washer on.

A As soon as the "Start" LED flashes, release the Start button.

A Press Start 3 times and on the 3rd time hold for about 4 seconds until the

display shows the service functions, and the "Start" LED flashes slowly (1

flash per second).

Acknowledgment indicator

The "Start" LED flashes slowly (1 flash per second).

The display shows the service functions.

If accessing is not successful, the control will revert automatically to the normal

programming mode.

Options

Select and start a service function:

A Press the left menu button to select the desired service function; start the

function by pressing the right menu button (OK).

Note

The component test automatically switches off 30 minutes after the last

component is activated.

Descriptive Technical Documentation

DTD no. 11-3030 075-35

11.02.2008,

these machines are very difficult to diagnose so you need to see if you can get into diagnostic mode, let me know if it enters a diagnostic mode, the first thing you need to do it I'm not sure if you can is to shut the machine off before starting this program, are you able to shut it off,?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Bryan,
Defiantly got the right guy! The washing machine reset and is working fine! Thank you
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
That's great! I wish I was in Cape Cod, I've been living here for 10 years and I miss the ocean so bad, we stood go striper fishing every weekend, I really miss that plus I miss the seafood, I hope you enjoy the summer, please remember to press the accept button before you sign off, it's the only way I get paid for helping you, well wishes and thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.