Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

The refrigerator bulbs will not unscrew so that I can replace

The refrigerator bulbs will not unscrew so that I can replace the "back to back" bulbs. Do you have a suggestion for getting them loose without breaking them?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. Lets get started.

These can be tough, the problem is the cold air makes the plastic part of the socket contract and sometimes getting the real tight, you can try a hairdryer and warm up sockets and see if they loosened that way, I've run into this and sometimes it can be a real pain to get them out while breaking them, I believe you're talking about this light socket assembly, are they the small balls of the big bulbs?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Greetings, Bryan!

The socket assembly looks like your image without any button on its base . The two bulbs are regular appliance bulbs--maybe 40watt
Okay, if figures it's the regular bulbs, these are fragile and break easy, what seems to be the issue, are both bulbs bad? Did they go out one at a time? Or did you open the door and all of a sudden the lights were not working?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Both bulbs stopped working about a day apart. Luckily, there is a third single light lower in the cabin.
Okay that tells me it's nothing to do with the electrical, unfortunately there's no simple way to do this wearing gloves is a good thing but the hairdryer trick sometimes helps loosen these up so you are able to turn them turn them a little bit and then back in and then out again until you finally get them free, really there's no trick to it except for one I said try and warm them up some and possibly they will come out easier, that's really all I can tell you at this point, hope this is useful though, thanks and well wishes, Bryan