Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I just got a second hand GE double oven. I have a Black, white

I just got a second hand GE double oven. I have a Black, white and ground coming from the house and a black, white, & red from the range. Do I hook both white and red to White, from house?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

Okay, no you do not hook both white and red together from the house which you need to do is place one white wire from your house to the red from the range, and on the black and black together and then take the white one from the range and connect that to your ground wire from the house, coming from the house I'm gathering it that's connected correctly the black and white are both power (120volts) so the red and black from the range are both power, it's best to check to make sure the black and white are both power from the house if you have a voltmeter you can test that but you need to be careful of course, but I'm pretty sure that's correct, if there's only three wires house and one is a bare ground wire the other two have to be the power wires which will go to red a black on the oven, hope this helps, thanks, Bryan