Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Amanda Heavy Duty Washer purchased prior to July 2004. A blackish

Amanda Heavy Duty Washer purchased prior to July 2004. A blackish oil which will not wash out of cloths, especially after being dried, leaks on occasion from under adgitator but inside main tub. Where does it come from? Is it fixable? What might bethe repair cost? Can repair be done in home?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

Can you get us the full model # ? thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Washer in tight location. can't get to the back to look for model numbers however the raised lid has 33541R2 printed on the underside. any help?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
That doesn't seem to come up as the model number, the problem is the main seal in the transmission is bad, they do not sell just seal usually the transmission needs to be replaced at a cost of about $300-$400, they can do it in your home but it's cost is high, I would if I were you put your money into a whirlpool direct drive top load washer which will give you many years of great service, these machines can be bought for as little as $300 brand-new at Lowe's, trust me a better off place the machine then the spend that much money repairing one you have, hope this helps, thanks, Bryan