Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

water has started getting the the veg. trays and in the botton

water has started getting the the veg. trays and in the botton of my refrigerator. What should I do?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

Can you get us the make and full model # ? thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is a Whirlpool, I don't have the make or model # XXXXX me.
Okay does this have the freezer on top or is this a side-by-side? I believe it's going to be a top freezer refrigerator but just to be sure let me know, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
freezer on top
Okay that's what I thought, you have a clogged defrost drain, what you need to do when you get back there is take all the food out of the freezer if it has an icemaker remove that and then remove the back panel inside the freezer, then you will see the silver coils which are the evaporator coils, these will have Frost on them, underneath those coils in the very center there is a defrost drain hole, most likely it's covered in ice at this point, boil some water and pour it on the ice sopping it up as it cools off and and pour more hot water on it until you get all the ice melted and the drain flows freely, this will take care of the issue, this is a common problem top freezer refrigerators, once the drain hole gets clogged the water has nowhere to go but down into the refrigerator section, thanks very best wishes, Bryan