Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

we have an ge washer model #whdrr418g1ww it will fill & drain

Customer Question

we have an ge washer model #whdrr418g1ww it will fill & drain but will not wash or spin
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

The problem is the thermal fuse,this is located in the wiring bundle running along the right side of the front of the machine inside, these are sometimes a little difficult to find because it is in a bundle of wires that run down the side of the machine, the front panel of the machine is removable, there are two clips about 2 to 3 inches in from each side along the top of the front panel, marked number 373 on this diagram, take a putty knife and push these up and pull out on the panel at the top will come out and then you can lift it off the bottom clips, the wiring honest runs down the right side just inside after you get the front panel off, there may be tape around a lot of this wiring so you may have to dig a little into the wiring to find it, you can order this at the following link, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Thermal-Fuse/WH49X10055/1475932?modelNumber=WHDRR418G1WW hope this helps, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the fusable link did not take care of the problem the washer fills with water and pumps water out but will NOT wash or spin
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
okay do you a volt meter?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes i have a multimeter
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay do you think you can test the lid switch for continuity? You may need to snip the wires in use wire nuts to put it back together after you test it but you need to test it for continuity with the lid down, do you think you can do that?

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes i can but mi am driving 20 miles to work on this for a lady that dosnt have any money so if you could give me a list to check it would save me a lot of driving and she dosnot have a computer so i would app. all the help i can get thank you
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay, after looking at the model this has the motor with the inverter on the top,

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
you can see the board on the top of this motor when you get there tell me if the light on top board is flashing and count the flashes and let me know, this is a diagnostic light and usually will point is right to the problem if you can tell me how many times it blinks, of course you need the front off to get to it you know that and you must run the machine as if you were starting a new cycle and is take a look and tell me what the light does, as far as given you answer as to what's wrong we won't know until we know how many times a light flashes, actually give me a few minutes I'm going to see if I can send you the code meanings but I need to look it up so give me a few more minutes to do that, thanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
maybe this will help