Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

genius priemier microwave. The track that the turntable carriage

genius priemier microwave. The track that the turntable carriage rolls in has cracked and has rust showing. Is this repairable? - the midcrowave works just fine.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

Can you get us a model number? Also I you talking about the circular piece with the wheels on it?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

It is built in so I don't have access to the model number without disassembling it. We have had it for a long, long time and it has been great. It is white with gold lettering on it.

Yes, I'm talking about the track that the circular piece rolls in under the glass turntable. The plastic has cracked and broken away and what left in about a 3-4" portion of the run is rust.

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Okay if it's part of the microwave floor itself that is rusted out you cannot replace that, this is part of the whole microwave oven cavity which is part of the whole frame, it would be a lot cheaper to buy a new one then to order that even if it was available, not to mention you would have to take the whole microwave apart and put all the pieces on the new one and I'm talking everything electrical everything it's all one encased piece, sorry for the bad news, hope this helps though, thanks and well wishes, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

It is not rusted out, just rusty where the plastic shell flaked away. Is there some way I can prep it and paint/spray something over it?

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Well the thing I worry about with that kind of repair is the toxic fumes that you can get from the paints when they get microwaved, they use a special coating on these when they do them, it's more of a powder coating than a paint and it's baked on to ensure the toxic fumes don't get into your home or your food, you wouldn't want that I don't believe, I would feel very uncomfortable telling you to do that, I hope this comes across right way, it's not good to have something that doesn't belong in a microwave in it, thanks, Bryan