Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a kitchen Aid dishwasher with a flat panel key pad to

Customer Question

I have a kitchen Aid dishwasher with a flat panel key pad to operate it, on the front of the door. I was accidentally turning it on just by leaning on it, so I held down the control lock button for the 3 seconds to lock the panel. Now I can't get the panel to unlock, so the dishwasher will work. Is there a certain way to turn the panel back on?
I have tried holding start for 3 seconds, holding normal wash, also have tried the cancel button. Nothing so far has worked, any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

try pressing the control lock button and hold it it for five seconds, have you tried that?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yep, tried that too, still not working.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Well that's not good then, try one more thing though go to you breaker box and shut the power off for about 5 min. then turn it back on see if it resets the board, let me know thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
my husband turned off 5 breakers and we waited 5min. turned them back on.So far no, its not working , but we might have turned the wrong breakers off. Our electric panel is not labeled to well. But I will keep trying.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay, let me know if you get it, are there lights that are lit up on the dishwasher that someone can watch to make sure you get the right one shut off?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The lights are on when the dishwasher finishes its cleaning cycle, but as soon as the door is opened the lights go off and stay off until the washer starts its cycle the next time the dishwasher is started again. In short, sorry no lights. But I'll wait a while, and try again.
Thanks for trying to help. I'll let you know if I eventually get it.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay I'm going to be signing off for the night, if that doesn't work leave me a reply and I will receive it, I can get you diagrams and one more thing to try before needing to replace any parts, this will require however opening the entire door and unplugging the ribbon from the touch pad to the control board and turning the power on with this unplugged, then you will need to shut the power off again replug it in and try it, if that doesn't work you control board has failed, as strange as it may sound this does happen, thanks and talk again soon, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks, we turned the main off for 5 minutes, turned it back on, and the dishwasher started.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
thats great, well wishes and thanks, Bryan