Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hi Bryan, i am going to order the part for my washer today.

Hi Bryan, i am going to order the part for my washer today. Before i do i have another question But its on my 7 cycle intellidry dryer D-5 (neptune). It is not heating up. Where do i begin? (ignitor /switch)?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. Lets get started.

Can you tell whether the dryer igniter is glowing when you start this? You may need to remove the front panel on this one to be able to see whether it glows or not, a lot of times the igniter gets broken when you move these, they are very fragile and break easily, remove screws number 23 and 22 and pull the panel number 24 out at the top and leaned forward then lift it off the bottom clips, leave the door on and shut it, start the dryer and look in the bottom and tell me if the igniter starts to glow, let me know, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Bryan, It does glow. what next.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
do i need a switch?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

okay sorry i was off line. if this glows but doesn't lite the gas valve coils need to be replaced. these open the valve, you say it did this a few times at your old house so they were going. heres a link to order them and theres a video to show you how, they are only about $18.00, thanks Bryan