Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

On our Frigidaire upright freezer (model FFU2064DW1, mfgd

On our Frigidaire upright freezer (model FFU2064DW1, mfg'd July '04) here at our dogsledding lodge, the compressor kicks for a few seconds every few minutes, sounds fine but then quits, (circulation fan & light run fine). Do I simply need to replace an overload switch or is the freezer toast?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 5 years ago.
Hello I'm Larry and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

the compressor is going out ,, you can get a HS410 from a appliance parts dealer that will boost it to start and it will not last to long either but will for a little while, be ready to have the compressor replaced that will cost about $700 or replace the fridge, sorry for the bad news
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Larry, Thanks for prompt answer. Is this the part you suggested? Is it just 'plug & play' or will it require some rewiring? If it's easy enough to install, it's probably worth the $14 price tag to see if it will buy us a few more months before have to replace the freezer (would be easier to do in the winter when we have snow to dogsled it out of here!) Thanks

RCO410 ERP410 REFRIGERATOR COMPRESSOR 3 N"1 POWER START RELAY

HS410

COMBINATION RELAY, CAPACITOR & OVERLOAD

COMPLETELY PRE-WIRED

REPLACES ALL 3 ELECTRICAL COMPONENTS ON ALL CAPILLARY SYSTEMS

DOMESTIC AND COMMERCIAL

REFRIGERATORS AND FREEZERS

1/4 - 1/3 H.P. 120V

it replaces the relay, overload and capacitor and all you do is plug on the three wires onto the compressor and tie the two wires into the two thats already there ,, it comes with instruction to hook up
i will be going off line in a couple minutes so if you have other questions please ask now and if not then please press the accept button for me so i may be paid ,, will be back on line in the morning ,, thanks