Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a GE Profile Freezer on bottom Refridge that has been

I have a GE Profile Freezer on bottom Refridge that has been not freezing. I pulled off back panel and condenser fan barely turning. Checked with volt meter and it alternates from 0-4 volt DC on red wire. I think per some DIY blogs it should be greater( IE 12V DC). The model # XXXXX XXXXX and the motherboard is over 200 bucks. How do I know for sure it is the motherboard? It appears with burns/shorts and doesnt smell burnt.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. Wets get started.

If the DC voltage is that low it's definitely the board no question about it, this is also by far the most common reason these fans do not run, you will need to replace the board unfortunately, GE had to redesigned these boards four times because of failure the latest board number is XXXXX hope this information is useful, thanks and well wishes Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
do you recommend anyone online to order part from?
The best price I've seen on line is at the following link, I believe they're getting around $122.00 for the board compared to $161.00 it most sites hope this helps, thanks, Bryan